Monday, April 29, 2013

Sunday Dinners: Spring Fruit Salsa with an Italian Twist

Those flower "snowballs" of pink that contrast so beautifully against a blue sky, not to mention the bright yellow of the forsythia, and wow, so many more colors, all remind us: spring is a great time.

Inspired by the season, and by what I saw in the store (I'm SUCH a sucker for any well-displayed produce!), I created this spring salsa.

One thing I do have to tell you: I used that amazing Italian olive oil I've been telling you about: Poggio Grimodi Extra Virgin Olive Oil. (And I promise to soon tell you how you can get your hands on it!) The quality of all the ingredients, as I've mentioned before, will totally make your dishes shine...

Back to my spring salsa...
Simple, colorful, and so tasty, you can serve this on a chip, or atop grilled fish and/or chicken. Hmmm...I'd try it with shrimp, and maybe grilled zucchini. Ah, my friends, the sky's the limit! 


Spring Fruit Salsa

Makes about 1 1/2 cups of salsa 

6 large strawberries, washed, stemmed, and diced
1/2 cup fresh diced mango
1/4 cup fresh diced pineapple
1/4 cup mache lettuce, coarsely chopped
Cilantro (optional), to taste
Excellent quality Italian olive oil (about 2 splashes, or to taste)  
Juice from 1 orange, or 1 splash white balsamic vinegar  
Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Combine, taste, and serve! 

No comments:

Post a Comment